Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I'm Not a Photographer...

Unfortunately, I am not the photographer in the family.  It really isn't for lack of trying.  I see things in my mind, but I can't capture them.  My husband has the photographic gene...but he lacks my vision...sorry honey!!

Anyways...I tweeked the front entry way a little more.  I wanted to hang a gold mirror above the Bombe chest...to add a little bit of Versaille into the mix.  I got an inexpensive mirror from Ross, and painted it with liquid gold foil.  I.Hated.It.  It looked like I painted on gold paint (which I suppose I did), but it looked cheap.  So I got real gold foil.  I'm not quite sure what I was thinking.  Of course, it was difficult to apply and got everywhere.  I sprayed on the glue, which made my previous gold paint start to smeer and melt off.  The gold foil is sticky, and by the time I essentially gave up, my hands were covered with gold.  I had to ultimately use a little Mineral Spirits to get it off.  Several days later, I came back to the mirror and was pleasantly surprised that it didn't look horrible.  After rubbing off the excess, it looked rustically elegant.  So I ripped off the blue tape, and called it good.




The following pictures are my lame attempts at capturing the detail of the Bombe chest.  As an aside,  I think I need a whiter lamp shade.  The cream just looks off.  Perhaps black!?





Eff it....heres the damn dog again.



Here is my marble bistro table with my crystal chandelier.  When I came home to this a few weeks ago, I literally gasped.  It took my breath away.  And there is no way you would know that, from this horrible picture :(.







I think the house is worse than before, but you have to get worse to get better.  Clutter is like acne, and my house has a HUGE ass zit...


 Like the hole in the wall of our kitchen?  The previous house owner had a hard wired home phone...with a cord.  You know the one.  You probably had one in the 80's.  Its probably been there since the 80's.  It's going to the Re-Store if anyone is interested ;).


I want that bifold door to be a black 4 panel so bad...


Left hand bottom corner = the seat cushions are completed!!  



Needs organization...

I am getting new "collars" for these can lights.


Downstairs bathroom:



Mirror needs to be rehung properly...


Medicine cabinet has got to go...


Current puppies playroom:



No comments:

Post a Comment